This is a very practical training day. It is delivered by Andrew Milller, lead Optometrist at Birmingham Focus. The aim of the day is to boost participants' confidence in low vision therapy techniques. The participant numbers are deliberately small to ensure the hands-on elements of the day give maximum chance to practice in small groups.
Cost: £80 RWPN Members only
Full day course - no lunch will be provided
By the end of the session students should be able to:
1. Understand the Low Vision Assessment process and the information required. (history and symptoms/acuity/calculating magnification need)
2. Understand what Low Vision therapy is and why it is important(Posture/ Grip/Page Navigation/Eccentric Viewing/Steady Eye Strategy)
3. Understand the types of near LVA’s available and how they work.
4. Understand and demonstrate strategies for the use of Low Vision aids including posture, grip, focal distances, reading strategies, page navigation, EV and SE.
5. General hints and tips for the teaching of the use of LVA’s.
6. Measuring contrast sensitivity and understand the use of lighting and UV shields.
This site is operated by the Rehabilitation Workers Professional Network Ltd
Registered in England & Wales no. 9179719